Family Support Worker: Julie Cubben
We know that whilst being a parent can be rewarding and enjoyable, it is not always easy and sometimes the challenges of parenting can feel overwhelming. The chances are we will all need support at some point in our lives, whether this comes from family, friends or professionals.
As a Family Support Worker I can provide advice and support to children, young people and their families in their own homes and communities.
I can work with you about a range of matters such as:
· Support for parents
· Understanding and managing your child’s behaviour
· Child development
· Reducing family conflict and arguments
· Housing, benefits and budgeting
· Feeling isolated
I can do this by:
· Helping you to identify the changes you want to make and supporting you to make those changes.
· Recognise and build on your family’s strength’s
· Help you access the support you need in the community
A note about confidentiality:
The information that you give to me as your Family Support Worker is confidential. Your information will only be shared with professionals when it has been agreed with you beforehand. The exception to this would be if it was felt that a child or anyone else may be at risk of harm.
If you would like more information please pick up a leaflet from school reception or if you would like to speak to Julie, please contact Mandy Berner our School based Educational welfare officer on 743171 who can arrange a meeting.